Pension Eligibility Calculator
The Pension Eligibility calculator determines when you reach the eligible age for an age or service pension. You can also use it to work out whether you are eligible for a Partner's Allowance or a Mature Age Allowance. Couples who want to know about their eligibility should use this calculator twice once for each partner. When you have worked out whether you are eligible for a pension or allowance, you can use the Pension calculator to work out what you benefit is.
The calculator relies on certain assumptions (see below). Please note that if the assumptions used are not correct or if there is any variation from these assumptions, this may have a significant impact on the projected outcome.
Please note: these calculators are Windows compatible only. You require Java to be enabled in the preferences settings of your browser.
Enter all the relevant details on the 'Your Details' tab.
Click on the 'Your Eligibility' tab see your pension eligibility age and whether you are eligible for an allowance.
1. For pension purposes a couple is a man and a woman who are legally married or living in a marriage-like relationship.
2. Veterans are people who have served Australia or the Commonwealth in operations against the enemy whilst in danger from hostile forces of the enemy.
3. Recent workforce experience is employment for 20 hours or more per week for a total of 13 weeks or more at any time during the previous 12 months.
4. We hope that this calculator is helpful. However, it is not advice. You should check your eligibility with Centrelink or your adviser.
5. If this calculator shows that you are eligible for a pension or allowance, you need to use the Pension and Allowance calculator to work out the amount of the benefit (if any) after allowing for the income and asset tests. 6. This calculator is only valid if you satisfy the Australian residence requirements. Benefits are only payable to people who have been Australian residents for at least ten years (including at least one consecutive period of five years) and who are in Australia on the day the claim is lodged.
7. This calculator assumes that you have no dependent children. Your eligibility may be affected if this is not the case.
8. You may not be eligible for the Partner Allowance if you are serving a waiting period for another social security payment.
9. You may not eligible for the Partner Allowance if you are unemployed due to industrial action.
10. There is more information available at the Centrelink web site (www.centrelink.gov.au).
11. HIP and its related companies specifically disclaim any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with the access to or use of this calculator.
12. Other than as required under consumer protection law, under no circumstances will HIP and its related companies be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on information obtained by using this calculator.
13. You should not make any decisions on the information contained herein without first consulting with your financial adviser or accountant.
31 December 2008
31 December 2007
|CPI (Source: ABS)||3.7%||3.0%|
|InTech Pooled Fund Survey Median Return, Growth Funds|
|15 year average||6.0% pa*||9.6% pa*|
|5 year average||4.3% pa*||11.8% pa*|
|Calculator||6.25% pa||6.25% pa|
* The survey returns are net of tax and investment management charges