How to become a participating employer

HIP is open to employers working in health and associated industries which include hospitals, aged care facilities and pathology services to name just a few.

By becoming a participating HIP employer, your employees will have access to high-quality, low-cost superannuation options and access to low-cost home loans, health insurance, financial planning and a range of other benefits provided by third parties.

It's easy to start up – and there are no joining fees or charges. Just follow these six steps:

Step 1.

Register online now by filling in an online application form.   

Otherwise, complete and sign the latest Employer Information Booklet by downloading it here.

Step 2.

Provide your employees who will be joining HIP with the latest HIP Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) by downloading it here

Step 3.

Choose how you want to make the superannuation contributions for your employees each month. For example, you can write a cheque, transfer money directly from your bank account or transfer funds electronically. Please do not send cash.

Step 4.

Collect all Membership Application Forms and check that they are signed and filled out correctly.

Step 5.

Send all forms to HIP, Locked Bag 23, Haymarket NSW 1236. We will then send you a certificate confirming your participation in HIP and your first Contribution Advice.

Step 6.

If you cannot supply HIP with completed Membership Application Forms for your employees, please supply the following details for each employee:

  • Full name
  • Address
  • Date of birth
  • Date joined employer
  • Date joined fund
  • Tax File Number

Important note: Unless you hold an Australian Financial Services License (AFSL), or are an authorised representative of an organisation that holds an AFSL, you cannot recommend any financial products or give advice about any superannuation funds.

Breaches of the relevant legislation could expose employers to hefty fines and/or imprisonment.

Any person wanting advice about financial products should seek advice from an Australian Financial Services licensee or an authorised representative of a Licensee.